November 04, 2010
I have had many people and clients ask me what content management system (CMS) that I prefer to use and I thought I would share the answer with everyone and the reasons for my choice.
My answer is: WordPress
Why I chose WordPress: I chose WordPress because over the years I have used many content management systems such as Joomla, Drupal and CMS Made Simple to name just a few and each one had their strengths and after a while I was tired of all of the weaknesses and I wanted something that would fit more with mine and my clients needs.
Strengths of WordPress:
- Easy to work with
- Uses standard Php syntax rather than a special framework
- Supports multiple themes at once
- Thousands of plugins
- Great documentation
- I haven’t found a limitation to what can be done with it
- I can get a website up and running within a few hours
- Software doesn’t really slow down the page rendering speeds
- Great people friendly URL’s
Weaknesses of WordPress:
- Doesn’t have great e-commerce features with plug-ins
- Not an easy way to give specific users permissions on a per page basis
- User roles are Limited to only 5 different settings
- Adding different post types isn’t as easy as it could be
- There isn’t a great way to create ajax-able content
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.