I worked out some basic Buzz Etiquette yesterday. If you have any other suggestions please add it to the comments below.
- Spammers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Do not spam!
- Make an effort to post directly to Buzz instead of dumping from Twitter, Google Reader, Flickr, Picasa, Youtube etc. (It is recommended that your Buzz posts should contain at least 90% of Buzz worthy discussions and no more than 10% Google Reader, Flickr, Picasa, Youtube, or Twitter posts).
- Active participation is essential to quality discussions. (Please do not flood the Buzz board with posts unless you plan on participating in other users posts).
- Avoid multiple posts like: I’m bored, I’m horny, I just took a dump or I’m eating a sandwich. Note: Some posts are fine without attending to comments, an example would be status updates but please keep them at a minimum.
- Avoid posting short questions to often, such as: Whats color underwear is your mom wearing? Unless there is a purpose for the question, if so you should state why your asking the question.
- Avoid topics related to racism and hate.
- Please respect other people’s beliefs.
- Unless absolutely necessary, try to keep Buzz posts at a minimal length. Even though we have no limit on comments or posts most people do not want to read something that is 500 words long when 140 words will do the job.
- People tend to get irritated when their posts get hijacked, so do your best to stay on topic. Michelle Marie™ and Had3nx are excluded from this rule.
- Add some humor to your posts and comments! We all love a good laugh now and then.
- When giving a critique on a topic, artwork or writing, make sure it is constructive criticism.
- If you have a Buzz idea, please submit it to the Google Buzz moderator.
November 11th, 2010 at 6:27 pm
No BS and well written, tyvm for the info