- Environment (video): A Rare Look Inside The Doomsday Seed Vault Deep In The Arctic
- An inside look of the worlds doomsday seed vault.
- Development (blog): Why Kubernetes may be a bigger threat to Amazon than Google’s cloud
- AWS is the 800lb. gorilla when it comes to cloud infrastructure but Google has a way into everyones heart, and it’s Kubernetes.
- Technology (video): Star Trek Beyond – Official Barco Escape Trailer (2016)
- 3 screens, 1 bad ass movie. Experience a new way to see movies.
- BMX (video): 12 year old BMX boss is back
- Dorian Giordano is 13 now but he filmed this whole edit while he was 12 and totally killed it despite having his bike stolen part way through.
- Science (blog): Scientists Have Simulated Time Travel With Photons
- Looks like time travel is possible… for particles of light.
- Development (blog/video): Complexities of an infinite scroller
- TL;DR: Re-use your DOM elements and remove the ones that are far away from the viewport. Use placeholders to account for delayed data. Here’s a demo and the code for the infinite scroller.
- Development (blog): Docker in Production
- By now we all know and have worked with Docker a bit. It’s perfect for creating a consistent environment. Running several of them at the same time is easy due to the isolated networking and file system. If you have a set of proper environments (Integration, Staging and Production), then it gets a bit more complicated as one has to integrate Docker with existing services: logging, monitoring, backup as well as deal with deployment and rolling updates.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.