I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how I and many others like myself don’t get to play around and simply surf the web like we want or need. So I asked my self this simple question: “Why Not?”
After giving it a thought for a while I came up with this simple list of reason why I don’t surf the web for fun:
- I work two full time jobs, with both being on call 24×7
- I have a very needy dog (full allergies, separation anxiety and she loves to play)
- A loving girlfriend who I want to spend time with when ever I can
Reasons why others don’t surf the web for fun:
- They work on the computer all day and they don’t want to look at it all of the time
- They find the web boring since they work on it
- No need
- The web is too crowded
- There is nothing good on the web
These list can go on for ages, but they are all excuses.
Now here are my reasons why you and I do need to have surf the web for fun:
- It helps get inspiration for your next project
- It allows you to relax and not to “THINK” about what you are doing
- It allows you to connect with designers, developers and other friendly people
- You can find new and creative ways to accomplish tasks, making your daily work easier
- Most importantly – It allows you to have FUN and RELAX
The web has many things going for it that we need to step back and think about. The web encompasses EVERYTHING, if you want to look for printed material go for it, if you want to look for movies or videos games you can do that too. The web has tons of information waiting for us to soak it in.
Don’t forget, if something that you are passionate about doesn’t exist on the web please add it and share what you know, someone may be looking for help on your topic.